Join a winning team! Signature Bank ranked second on Forbes 2014 list of Best Banks in America and has been on their top ten list for four consecutive years!
Signature Bank, member FDIC, is a New York-based full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. The Bank’s growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services. The Bank operates Signature Financial, LLC, a specialty finance subsidiary focused on equipment finance and leasing, transportation financing and taxi medallion financing. Investment, brokerage, asset management and insurance products and services are offered through the Bank’s subsidiary, Signature Securities Group Corporation, a licensed broker-dealer, investment adviser and member FINRA/SIPC.
Signature employees must submit their resume and contact Human Resources as well as apply online.
We currently have the following exciting opportunity:
Letter of Credit Associate, Manhattan
In this position you will ensure issuance and amendment functions in the Trade Finance Department are completed and compiled within accordance with established guidelines and policies. Other responsibilities include:
- Review applications for accuracy, completeness and compliance with internal and external policies and practices for Commercial Letter of Credits, Standby Letter of Credits and Documentary collections.
- Review and draft suggested language on Standby Letter of Credits and other documents for appropriate terms and conditions.
- Place and remove hold on collateral for Commercial Letter of Credit and Standby Letter of Credit transactions.
- Examine credit terms and conditions on Credit Offering Memorandums to ensure Commercial Letter of Credits, Standby Letter of Credits, and Documentary collections are processed within established time frame.
- Gather information and prepare forms to book commitment, issuances, payments, documentation presentation, cancellations or any other required changes.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum 1 year experience with Commercial Letter of Credit, Standby Letter of Credit, and Documentary processing for a bank.
- Strong knowledge of Bankers Acceptance, Uniform Customs and Practices (USP) and International Standby Practices (ISP).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Signature Bank offers a competitive compensation (with BONUS ELIGIBILITY) and an excellent benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, gym reimbursement and a wellness program.
It’s Always Personal At Signature Bank!
If interested, please CLICK HERE to submit your resume. RESUMES WITHOUT SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Back to Employment Index