Every journey has a beginning, and this is yours. Taking control of your future begins with an understanding of where you are now and where you want to be. Once you have a firm understanding of the resources at your disposal and the goals you want to achieve, you can create a pathway to reaching those goals.
- Determine the retirement plan options available to you. When are you eligible? How much can you contribute? Are there any employer contributions? Are there pre-tax and Roth after-tax options?
- Utilize the resources provided to access and make changes to your account either via phone or online.
- Confirm your current salary deferral level, beneficiary designation, and investment selections.
- Develop a current written budget and cash flow statement (access the Flagstar Advisors budget tools HERE).
- Evaluate your personal investment risk tolerance (access the Flagstar Advisors risk tolerance tools HERE).
- Calculate the account value or "nest egg" needed to retire (access the Flagstar Advisors nest egg estimator tool HERE).